Letterluna or Letter, Kings County
LETTERLUNA, or LETTER, a parish, in the barony of BALLYBRIT, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 1½ mile (N.) from Kinnitty, on the road from Dublin to Parsonstown; containing, with the village of Cadamstown, 1000 inhabitants. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe; the rectory is partly impropriate in H. Malone, Esq., and partly united to the vicarage, which forms part of the union of Kinnitty; the tithes amount to £73. 16. 11., of which £18. 9. 2¾. is payable to the impropriator and the remainder to the incumbent. There is neither church, glebe-house, nor glebe. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Kinnitty or Longford. About 120 children are taught in the parochial school, and there is a private school, in which are about 40 children.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Letterluna or Letter from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Letterluna or Letter)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for King's is available to browse.