UK Genealogy Archives logo

Layde (grange), Antrim

Historical Description

LAYDE, a grange, in the barony of LOWER GLENARM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 4½ miles (W.) from Cushendall; containing 444 inhabitants. It comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 7834 statute acres; and is extra-parochial, never having paid church cess or tithes: there being no provision for the cure of souls, the members of the Established Church attend the parish church of Layde.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Layde (grange) from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Antrim is available to browse.