KNOCKRATH, a constablewick, or sub-denomination of the parish of RATHDRUM, barony of BALLINACOR, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 3½ miles (N. W.) from Rathdrum, on the road to Glendalough; containing 2081 inhabitants. It is in the beautiful vale of Clara, and comprises 1856 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act; and forms part of the rectory and vicarage of Rathdrum, in the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough; the tithes amount to £134. 14. 2½. In the R. C. divisions also it is in the union or district of Rathdrum, and has a chapel in the village of Clara, in which also is a public school. Here are some remains of an old castle and a rath.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Knockrath from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wicklow is available to browse.