KNOCKMARK, a parish, in the barony of LOWER DEECE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2½ miles (W. by N.) from Dunshaughlin, on the road to Trim; containing 724 inhabitants. It comprises 2776 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act; and includes Warrenstown, the seat of J. Johnson, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Meath, united by act of council, in 1811, to the vicarage of Colmolyn, and held with the impropriate cures of Derry and Kiltale; it is in the gift of the Crown. The tithes amount to £200, and of the entire benefice to £399. 10. The glebe-house was built in 1814, by a gift of £100 and a loan, of £675, from the late Board of First Fruits; the glebe comprises 21 acres, valued at £42, and there is also a glebe of five acres in Colmolyn, valued at £10. 10. per annum. The church was built in 1811, by a loan of £900 from the same Board. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Dunshaughlin. Here are two schools, in which about 50 children are educated.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Knockmark from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.