KILSCANLAN, a parish, in the barony of BANTRY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (S. E.) from New Ross, near the road to Wexford; containing 333 inhabitants. This parish comprises 1129 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, which are chiefly under tillage. It is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of St. Mary's, New Ross; the rectory is a part of the mensal of the bishop, who pays the impropriate curate 40s. late currency per ann. for the discharge of the clerical duties; the tithes amount to £43. 16. 11. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Old Ross.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilscanlan from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.