KILNEMANAGH, a parish, in the barony of BALLAGHKEEN, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (N. E.) from Oulart, on the old road to Gorey; containing 759 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the river Awen-Banna, comprises 2615 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. Nearly the whole of the land is under tillage, with some small tracts of pasture; the soil is in general fertile, and the system of agriculture improving. Ballanahown and Ballanvach, are two deserted mansions belonging to the Irvines of Ownavarra. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £126. 18. 5. The glebe-house, towards the erection of which the late Board of First Fruits gave £100, is situated on a glebe of 27¼ acres of cultivated land. The church, towards which the same Board gave £600, in 1804, is a neat edifice, and has been recently repaired by a grant of £104 from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union of Oulart, where the parochial chapel is situated. The parochial school, under the superintendence of the rector, is supported by subscription. Near Oulart, but within the limits of the parish, is a fever hospital, with a dispensary and residence for a medical attendant.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilnemanagh from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.