Kilmurry-Ely, Kings County
KILMURRY-ELY, a parish, in the barony of CLONLISK, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 2½ miles (N. by W.) from Shinrone, on the road from Roscrea to Banagher; containing 1504 inhabitants and 4077 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, forming part of the union of Shinrone: the tithes amount to £238. 15. 4¾. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Shinrone, and has a chapel at Brusna. About 50 children are educated in a private school.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilmurry-Ely from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for King's is available to browse.