KILMOCREE, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (S. by E.) from Wexford, on the south-western part of Wexford harbour, and on the high road from Wexford to Killinick and Rosslare; containing 203 inhabitants. It comprises 1066 statute acres, which are partly under tillage, but chiefly in pasture. The cultivation of green crops has been introduced, and agriculture generally is in au improved state. A small inlet, which separates this parish from Killinick, is navigable for lighters, which bring up coal and other articles. Grange, the seat of M. Wilson Palliser, Esq., is agreeably situated in a thriving plantation near the shore of the harbour. It is an impropriate curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of Killinick; the rectory is impropriate in the Earl of Portsmouth. The tithes amount to £59. 18. 1½., of which £17. 17. 9¾. is payable to the impropriator, and £42. 0. 3¾. to the curate. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Piercetown, and has a chapel on the border of the parish. The ruins of the old church still remain in the burial ground.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilmocree from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.