KILMOCAR, a parish, in the barony of FASSADINING, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3¼ miles (S. W.) from Castlecomer, near the river Nore; containing 1413 inhabitants. It comprises 4860 statute acres, of which about two-thirds are arable and pasture, and the remainder mountain. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and in the patronage of the Bishop; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde. The tithes amount to £258, of which £170 is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is partly in the union or district of Conahy, and partly in that of Ballyragget. There are two private schools, in which about 120 children are educated.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilmocar from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.