Kilmalog Kilmallock or Kilmalogue, Wexford
KILMALOG, KILMALLOCK, or KILMALOGUE, a parish, in the barony of BALLAGHKEEN, county of WEXFORD, province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (S. S. E.) from Enniscorthy, on the road to Wexford; containing 1159 inhabitants. It comprises 3748 statute acres, which are chiefly under cultivation, with the exception of part of a bog called Itty. Blue and white marl are abundant, and building stone is found at Garryvanen. The principal seats are Ballinkeel, the residence of J. Maher, Esq.; Kilmallock, of Mr. R. Peare, and Willmount, of Mr. J. Goodall. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of Castle-Ellis or Kilmalog; the rectory is impropriate in the Earl of Portsmouth. The tithes amount to £202. 12. 1., of which £120. 15. 5. is payable to the impropriator, and £81. 16. 8. to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Crossabeg, and has a new chapel at Ballymurn. There is a private school, in which about 20 children are educated. Some remains of the old church exist in a large burial-ground, which is still used for interment.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilmalog Kilmallock or Kilmalogue from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Kilmalog Kilmallock or Kilmalogue)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.