UK Genealogy Archives logo

Kilmacow, Wicklow

Historical Description

KILMACOW, a parish, in the barony of ARKLOW, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 2¾ miles (S. S. E.) from Rathdrum, on the lower road from Arklow to Wicklow. This small parish is situated in the vicinity of the Cronebane copper mines, and comprises 816 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough, forming part of the union of Castlemacadam.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Kilmacow from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wicklow is available to browse.