Killinor or Kilnener, Wexford
KILLINOR, or KILNENER, a parish, in the barony of GOREY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 4½ miles (S. W.) from Arklow, on the old road from that place to Gorey; containing 1326 inhabitants. It comprises 5307 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and is chiefly in tillage. A cattle fair is held on Sept. 8th. It is an impropriate curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, united by episcopal authority to Kilpipe: the rectory is impropriate in Sir Richard Steele, Bart: the tithes amount to £124. 12. 3¾., of which £69. 4. 7½. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the curate. Here is a glebe-house, with a glebe of 17a. 3r. 20p. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Gorey, and has a chapel at Ballyfad.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Killinor or Kilnener from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Killinor or Kilnener)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.