Killilogue or Kerlogue, Wexford
KILLILOGUE, commonly called KERLOGUE, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (S.) from Wexford, on the road from that place to Killinick: the population is included in the returns for St. Michael and Maudlintown. It comprises only the townlands of Kerlogue and Coolballagh, containing 220 statute acres, which are principally under tillage; and is watered by a small stream that falls into Wexford harbour, near which a thin vein of copper ore was found about 20 years since. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, united by act of council, in 1722, to St. Patrick's, Wexford: the tithes amount to £12. 1. 4½. In the R. C. divisions it also forms part of the union or district of Wexford.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Killilogue or Kerlogue from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Killilogue or Kerlogue)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.