Killilane or St Helens, Wexford
KILLILANE, or ST. HELENS, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 10 miles (S. E.) from Wexford, and near the southern extremity of the bay of Rosslare; containing 144 inhabitants. This parish, which for civil purposes forms part of Kilrane, comprises only 636 statute acres as applotted under the tithe act, and is chiefly in tillage; sea-weed is used as manure. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of Tacumshane, and the corps of the chancellorship: the tithes amount to £49. 3. 10¾. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Tagat, or Kilrane.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Killilane or St Helens from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Killilane or St. Helens)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.