KILLENAGH, a parish, in the barony of BALLAGHKEEN, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 4¼ miles (S. by E.) from Gorey; containing 706 inhabitants. This parish is on the eastern coast, and almost exclusively under tillage. It is a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of Ardamine: the rectory is impropriate in H. K. G. Morgan, Esq., who receives the whole of the tithes, amounting to £145. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of River-chapel, or Ballygarret. A dispensary was established here in 1829. About 30 children are educated in a private school.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Killenagh from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.