KILLAGHY, a parish, in the barony of CRANAGH, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (S. W.) from Freshford: the population is included in the return for Tullaroan. This parish comprises 1564 statute acres: it is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, entirely impropriate in J. Butler Stopford, Esq.; the tithes amount to £105. An abbey is supposed to have been founded here in 548. Near the old church are some remains of the house or castle of Killaghy, belonging to a branch of the Grace family.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Killaghy from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.