KILLAG, a parish, in the barony of BARGY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 11 miles (S. W. by S.) from Wexford; containing 358 inhabitants. This parish, which occupies a peninsular situation on the shores of the lough formed by the burrow of Ballyteigue, comprises 1866 statute acres, which are almost wholly under tillage; the system of agriculture is improving, and sea-weed collected in the lough is used for manure. The small island of Inch, situated in the lough, belongs to this parish. Here is Richfield, the seat of Sir F. H. Loftus, Bart. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of Mulrankin; the tithes amount to £125. 6. 11½. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Rathangan.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Killag from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.