KILKYRAN, a parish, in the barony of GOWRAN, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (N. N. E.) from Kilkenny; containing 106 inhabitants. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Rathcoole, with which the tithes are returned: the rectory is appropriate to the economy estate of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Templeorum.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilkyran from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.