KILGARVEN, a parish, in the barony of SHELMALIER, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 2½ miles (N. W.) from Taghmon, on the road to Adamstown and New Ross; containing 898 inhabitants, and comprising 5369 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, and forms part of the union of Horetown; the tithes amount to £156. 8. 8. In the R. C. divisions it is part, of the union or district of Taghmon: there is a small thatched chapel at Caroreigh, which it is in contemplation to rebuild. Some remains of the old church yet exist.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilgarven from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.