KILFRUSH, a parish, in the barony of SMALL COUNTY, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (E. by S.) from Bruff, on the road from Hospital to Galbally; containing 402 inhabitants. It comprises 1557 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act: the soil, which rests on limestone, is generally good and well cultivated. Kilfrush House is the residence of J. Gubbins, Esq., and is situated in an extensive and well-planted demesne, in which are the ruins of the church. The parish is in the diocese of Emly; the rectory is impropriate in the representatives of the Earl of Arran, and the vicarage forms part of the union of Aney: the tithes amount to £125. 10. 4., of which £83. 0. 2. is payable to the impropriators, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Hospital.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilfrush from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Limerick is available to browse.