KILFEARA, a parish, in the barony of SHILLELOGHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 2½ miles (S. E. by S.) from Kilkenny, on the river Nore; containing 58 inhabitants. Here is a constabulary police station. Kilfeara is the seat of H. Ryan, Esq., and Sheestown, of J. Shee, Esq.; in the demesne of the latter is a villa, the property and occasional residence of J. Power O'Shee, Esq. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Burnchurch; the rectory is impropriate in Lady Tynte Caldwell, to whom the whole of the tithes, amounting to £32. 6. 1., are paid. In the demesne of Sheestown are the ruins of an ancient church, which is the burial-place of the Shee family.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilfeara from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.