UK Genealogy Archives logo

Kilcomb, Wexford

Historical Description

KILCOMB, a parish, partly in the barony of GOREY, but chiefly in that of SCARAWALSH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 4½ miles (S. W. by S.) from Gorey; containing 1147 inhabitants. It comprises 5441 statute acres, chiefly in tillage, and valued at £2117 per annum. Here is Camolin Park, occupied by J. Edwards, Esq. The parish is in the diocese of Ferns, and the rectory forms part of the union and prebend of Tomb in the cathedral of Ferns: the tithes amount to £204. 18. 5½. In the R. C. divisions it is in the union or district of Ferns, and has a chapel at Ballyduff. About 40 children are educated in a public and 50 in a private school.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Kilcomb from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.