KILBRIDE-GLYN, a parish, in the barony of SHELMALIER, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 2½ miles (N. E.) from Taghmon, on the road from that place to Wexford; containing 4638 inhabitants. It comprises 3027 statute acres, principally in tillage, and is in the diocese of Ferns. The rectory was impropriate in the Colclough family, till about 1740, when it was purchased by the late Board of First Fruits, and annexed to the impropriate curacy, which forms part of the union of Killurin: the tithes amount to £103. 5. 6½. In the R. C. divisions it is included in the union or district of Glyn.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilbride-Glyn from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.