KILBRIDE, a parish, in the barony of IDA, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 5½ miles (W. by S.) from New Ross; containing 496 inhabitants, and 2665 statute acres. It is a vicarage, episcopally united, in 1779, to that of Kilcoan; the rectory is impropriate in the Rev. John Digby. The tithes amount to £90, which is equally divided between the vicar and the impropriator. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Slieuruagh.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilbride from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.