UK Genealogy Archives logo

Kilbride, Antrim

Historical Description

KILBRIDE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 2¼ miles (W. N. W.) from Ballyclare, on the road from Ballymena to Doagh; containing 1849 inhabitants. This parish comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 5641 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Connor, and part of the union of Donegore: the tithes amount to £373. 3. 4½. There is no church; divine service is performed in a school-house every Sunday. About 240 children are taught in four private schools, and there are three Sunday schools.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Kilbride from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Antrim is available to browse.