KILBREW, a parish, in the barony of RATOATH county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (N. E.) from Dunshaughlin, on the road from Ratoath to Drogheda; containing 351 inhabitants. It comprises 3888 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. Kilbrew House, formerly the property of the Gorges family but now of W. Murphy, Esq., of Dublin, is a fine mansion, with an extensive and richly planted demesne. The parish is in the diocese of Meath, and the rectory forms part of the union of Tryvett: the tithes amount to £179. 10. The church, which serves for the union, is a neat edifice built about the middle of the last century, and recently enlarged at an expense of £213, granted by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The glebe-house, for the erection of which the late Board of First Fruits gave £300, and granted a loan of £500, was built in 1817; the glebe comprises nearly ll½ acres, subject to a rent of £3. 3. per acre. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Creekstown, or Curragha.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.