KILBERRY, a parish, in the barony of MORGALLION, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (N.) from Navan, on the road from that place to Kingscourt; containing 2002 inhabitants. The land is of good quality; about two-thirds are meadow or pasture, and about 100 acres bog. The parish is intersected by the Yellow River, on which is a corn-mill. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, and forms part of the union of Donaghpatrick: the tithes amount to £335, and there is a glebe of 6 acres, valued at £18. 9. 2. per annum. In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, comprising also Donaghpatrick and Teltown, and containing two chapels, situated at Kilberry and Oristown. About 100 children are educated in a school to which Col. Everard gives a house and garden rent-free, and C. Smyth, Esq., subscribes £10 annually; and about 50 are taught in a private school. A chantry of two priests, or chaplains, was formerly attached to the church of St. Mary, in this parish.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilberry from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.