GREENOGUE, a parish, in the barony of RATOATH, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 9½ miles (N. E. by N.) from Dublin, on the mail coach road to Londonderry and Belfast; containing 291 inbabitants, of which number, 195 are in the village, which in the reign of Hen. VI. was one of the borough towns of Meath. By a clause in an enrolment, dated July 28th, 1423, "The Provost and Commonalty of the town of Grenoke are ordered to be at Trim, with all their power for its defence;" it consists of 36 houses. The parish, which is on the confines of the county of Dublin, comprises 1443 acres, It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Ratoath: the tithes amount to £90. 5. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Creekstown. There are considerable remains of the old church.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.