UK Genealogy Archives logo

Greenan or Greenanne, Wicklow

Historical Description

GREENAN, or GREENANNE, a small village, in the constablewick of BALLINACOR, a sub-denomination of the parish of RATHDRUM, barony of BALLINACOR, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (W. by S.) from Rathdrum; containing 61 inhabitants. This place is situated on the river Avonbeg, over which is a bridge leading to Glenmalur, and to the "Meeting of the Waters:" it contains the chapel of the R. C. district of Rathdrum, and a school under the patronage of W. Kemmis, Esq., by whom it is supported.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Greenan or Greenanne from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wicklow is available to browse.