Grangeclovan or Grangeloran, Kilkenny
GRANGECLOVAN, or GRANGELORAN, a parish, in the barony of FASSADINING, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (S. W.) from Ballyragget, on the river Nore, containing 949 inhabitants, and comprising 5611½ statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Burnchurch: the tithes amount to £247. 14. 11. In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, called Conaby, which includes this parish and Maine, and part of the parishes of Kilmocar, Coolcraheen, Three Castles, and Burnchurch; and has a chapel at Conahy.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Grangeclovan or Grangeloran from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Grangeclovan or Grangeloran)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.