GLENWHIRRY, an extra-parochial district, in the barony of LOWER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 6 miles (W. by S.) from Larne, on the road to Broughshane; containing 1358 inhabitants. According to the Ordnance survey it comprises 11,368¼ statute acres. There is a meeting-house for Presbyterians in connection with the Synod of Ulster, of the third class. About 80 children are educated in two private schools, and there is a Sunday school.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Glenwhirry from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Antrim is available to browse.