Glascarrick or Glascarrig, Wexford
GLASCARRICK, or GLASCARRIG, an ecclesiastical district, recently formed out of the parishes of DONAGHMORE and KILTRISK, the former in the barony of BALLAGHKEEN, and the latter in that of GOREY, county of WEXFORD, and province of MUNSTER. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, and in the patronage of the impropriator of Doughmore and the incumbent of Kiltrisk, which forms part of the union of Leskinfere. The stipend of £66. 8. per annum is payable in the proportion of £20 from the incumbent, £23. 1. 6. from the impropriator, and a similar sum from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The tithes of seven townlands in Donaghmore, called the "Ballymonies," amounting to £40, payable to the Crown, have been petitioned for in augmentation of the perpetual curacy, and application has been made to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners to aid a subscription already entered into for building a church on the border of Donaghmore parish, adjoining that of Kiltrisk; also to grant funds for the erection of a glebe-house. -See DONAGHMORE and KILTRISK.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Glascarrick or Glascarrig from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Glascarrick or Glascarrig)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.