FRIENDSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of UPPER TALBOTSTOWN, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 2½ miles (S. E.) from Dunlavan, on the road to Stratford-upon-Slany; containing 324 inhabitants, and comprising 1572 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The land is in tillage and pasture, and agriculture is improving. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough, forming part of the union of Dunlavan; the rectory is appropriate to the Dean and Chapter of St. Patrick's cathedral, Dublin. The tithes amount to £69, of which £43. 3. 1. is payable to the lessee of the dean and chapter, and £25. 16. 11. to the vicar, In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Dunlavan. Here are the ruins of an old church.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Friendstown from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wicklow is available to browse.