FORDSTOWN, a village, in the parish of GIRLEY, barony of UPPER KELLS, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2½ miles (N.) from Athboy, on the road to Kells; containing 14 houses and 157 inhabitants. Here is a constabulary police station; also the R. C. chapel for the union or district of Girley, a handsome modern structure.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Fordstown from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.