Enorely or Eneriley, Wicklow
ENORELY, or ENERILEY, a parish, in the barony of ARKLOW, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, on the road from Arklow to Wicklow, and on the eastern coast, opposite the Arklow sand-bank, 4 miles (N. by E.) from Arklow; containing 874 inhabitants, and comprising 4574 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, with a considerable tract of sandy coast. The gentlemen's seats are Buckroney House, the residence of M. McDonald, Esq.; Kilpatrick, of J. Byrne, Esq.; and Ballyrogan, of E. Byrne, Esq. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough, separated from Arklow, by act of council in 1838, and now forming part of the union of Kilbride: the tithes amount to £110. A small part of the parish is included within the perpetual curacy of Redcross. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Newbridge and Baronisky. On the grounds of Kilpatrick are two raths or moats. The church is in ruins.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Enorely or Eneriley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Enorely or Eneriley)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wicklow is available to browse.