Emlagh or Imlagh, Meath
EMLAGH, or IMLAGH, a parish, in the barony of LOWER KELLS, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (N. E. by E.) from Kells, on the road from Moynalty to Navan; containing 349 inhabitants; and comprising 2964 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The river Borora runs through the parish, and joins the Blackwater at Bloomsbury. Here is a large bog, which supplies the surrounding country with fuel. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Newtown: the tithes amount to £90. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Stahalmock.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.