DUNMORE, a parish, in the county of the city of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3½ miles (N.) from Kilkenny, on the road to Durrow; containing 875 inhabitants. It comprises 2264 statute acres, and has a constabulary police station. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, united with the vicarages of Muckalee and Kilmodum, and in the patronage of the Crown; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde. The tithes amount to £175. 3., of which £85. 3. is payable to the impropriator, and £90 to the vicar; the tithes of the union are £210. The glebe-house was erected in 1816, by aid of a gift of £350 and a loan of £450 from the late Board of First Fruits: the glebe comprises 22 acres. The church is a plain building, recently repaired by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, at an expense of £114. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Muckalee.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Dunmore from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.