DRUMLARGAN, a parish, in the barony of UPPER DEECE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 1¾ mile (S. by E.) from Summerhill, on the road to Kilcock and Dublin; containing, in 1831, 148 inhabitants, but the population has since decreased. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, and forms part of the union of Raddonstown: the tithes amount to £36. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Summerhill. There are remains of a rath, which seems to have connected the fortifications and religious houses surrounding Kilmore with the outposts of Lynch's castle, at Summerhill, the noble remains of which are yet standing in Lord Longford's demesne.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Drumlargan from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.