UK Genealogy Archives logo

Drumkey, Wicklow

Historical Description

DRUMKEY, a parish, in the barony of NEWCASTLE, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, ½ a mile (N. W.) from Wicklow, near the road from Dublin; containing 254 inhabitants. This parish is bounded on the east by the sea and part of the Murrough of Wicklow, and comprises 1679 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is in the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough, and is a rectory and vicarage, forming the corps of the prebend of Wicklow in the cathedral of St. Patrick: the tithes amount to £65. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Wicklow. Here is a private school, in which are about 30 children.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Drumkey from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wicklow is available to browse.