DONAGHMORE, a parish, in the barony of RATOATH, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 9 miles (N. N. W.) from Dublin; containing 207 inhabitants, exclusively of the townland of Robertstown, which was omitted at the general census of 1831, and in 1834, contained 63 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the road from Dublin to Ashbourne, and comprises 3296 acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Ratoath, and is subject to a quit-rent of £29. 12.: the tithes amount to £178. .6. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Creekstown; the chapel is an ancient edifice, situated in the old burial-ground. A private school is held in it, in which about 23 boys and 15 girls are taught.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Donaghmore from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.