DOAGH, a grange and village, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 1½ mile (S. W.) from Ballyclare; the population of the grange is returned with the parish of Ballyeaston; the village contains 49 houses and 195 inhabitants. This place comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 2304½ statute acres, of which 9½ are under water, 48 woodland, 140 bog and marsh, and the remainder good arable land. The village is pleasantly situated near the Six-mile-water, and adjoining it is Fisherwick Lodge, a hunting seat belonging to the Marquess of Donegal, a very handsome house surrounded with thriving plantations, which add much to the beauty of the place. The tithes amount to £191. 3. 7½., of which £121. 7. 1. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Doagh from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Antrim is available to browse.