UK Genealogy Archives logo

Diamore or Diamor, Meath

Historical Description

DIAMORE, or DIAMOR, a parish, in the barony of DEMIFORE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 1½ mile (W.) from Crossakeel, on the road from Oldcastle to Kells; containing 724 inhabitants. This parish comprises 4207 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. At Diamor is a quarry of good limestone, chiefly used for building; and at Bellvue is the neat residence of John Daniell, Esq. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Meath, and forms part of the union of Loughcrew; the rectory is impropriate in E. Rotheram, of Hollymount, Esq. The tithes amount to £140, payable in equal portions to the impropriator and the vicar. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Kilskyre. There is a private school, in which are about 20 boys and 20 girls.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.