Corclone, Queens County
CORCLONE, a parish, in the barony of STRADBALLY, QUEEN'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (N. E.) from Stradbally, on the road to Athy; containing 650 inhabitants. This parish comprises about 2400 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, The Grand Canal passes through it. The gentlemen's seats are Ballykilcavan, that of Sir E. H. Walsh, Bart.; Ballymanus, of M. Dunne, Esq.; Springfield, of Capt. Lyster; Blackford. of A. Graves, Esq.; and Coolgrove, of E. Sherlock, Esq. The living, formerly united to that of Killeny, from which it has been recently separated, is a rectory, in the diocese of Leighlin, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £233, and the glebe comprises 2a. 39p. The church is a neat small edifice in good repair. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Stradbally. There are remains of the old church, and of a castle at Blackford.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Corclone from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Queen's is available to browse.