Coolkerry, Queens County
COOLKERRY, a parish, in the barony of UPPER OSSORY, QUEEN'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (E. by S.) from Rathdowney, on the road to Castledurrow; containing 315 inhabitants. This parish comprises 1720 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, entirely impropriate in the Ladies G. and A. Fitzpatrick: the tithes amount to £110, wholly payable to the impropriators, who allow an annual stipend of £10. 10. to the vicar of Aughmacart for performing the clerical duties. The church is in ruins, and the Protestant parishioners attend the church at Rathdowney. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Grogan.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Coolkerry from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Queen's is available to browse.