COLLINSTOWN, a market-town, in the parish of ST. FEIGHAN of FORE, barony of DEMIFORE, county of WESTMEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (S. E.) from Castle-Pollard; containing 145 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Dublin to Granard, and on the southern bank of Lough Lane, and contains 25 houses, of which nine are slated. The market is held on Saturday, in a market-house in the centre of the town; and fairs are held on May 8th and Oct. 30th. It is a constabulary police station, and petty sessions are held every Saturday. Near the market-house is a R.C. chapel, The vicinity is diversified with hills and woodlands, and embellished with the scenery of the lake and the seats and demesnes of Barbavilla, Drumcree, and Ralphsdale.-See FEIGHAN of FORE (ST.).
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Collinstown from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Westmeath is available to browse.