Clouncrew or Cluincinno, Limerick
CLOUNCREW, or CLUINCINNO, a parish, in the barony of UPPER CONNELLO EAST, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (N. E.) from Drumcolloher, on the road to Ballyegran; containing 270 inhabitants. It comprises 1663 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, part of which is under tillage, producing good crops, and the remainder pasture and meadow. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Limerick, and is held in commendam by the bishop: the tithes amount to £72. There is neither church, chapel, glebe-house, nor glebe. The Protestant parishioners attend the parish church of Kilmeedy. In the R.C. divisions it is united to Drumcolloher. On the bank of the river are some remains of the old church, which was destroyed in the war of 1641.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Clouncrew or Cluincinno from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Clouncrew or Cluincinno)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Limerick is available to browse.