CLOUGH, a village, in the parish of CASTLECOMER, barony of FASSADINING, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (N. N. E.) from Castlecomer on the road to Athy; containing 116 houses and 582 inhabitants, who are chiefly employed in the neighbouring collieries. It is a constabulary police station; and the R.C. chapel of the district of Clough, which comprises parts of the parishes of Castlecomer and Rathaspeck, is situated here.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Clough from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.