CLONTUBRID, a parish, in the barony of CRANAGH, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 1½ mile (N. W.) from Freshford, on the road to Durrow; containing 157 inhabitants. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and is part of the union of Freshford; the rectory is appropriate to the economy estate of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny. The tithes are included with those of Balleen. In the R.C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Lisdowney, and has a small chapel. Here is a singular cell, supposed to have been a hermitage, built over a spring called Tubbrid na Draoith, or "the druids' well:" it measures seven feet by two feet six inches, and is raised a little above the ground and entered by a pointed arch.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Clontubrid from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.