CLONROCHE, a village, in the parish of CHAPPLE, barony of BANTRY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, formerly called Stonepound, 6 miles (S. W.) from Enniscorthy on the road to New Ross: the population is returned with the parish. It is a thriving village; a reading and news-room, on a small scale, has been established and is supported by subscription. Here is a constabulary police station; fairs are held on Jan. 26th, Feb. 13th, March 18th, May 14th, July 14th, Sept. 25th, Oct. 24th, Nov. 24th, and Dec. 26th, chiefly for cattle; and petty sessions are held at irregular intervals.-See CHAPPLE.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Clonroche from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.