CLONLEIGH, a parish, in the barony of BANTRY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (N. E.) from New Ross; containing 661 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the high road from Ross to Newtownbarry, and contains 2679 statute acres, principally under tillage. The rectory is part of the union of St. Mary's New Ross, in the diocese of Ferns; for the clerical duties it forms part of the perpetual cure of Templeudigan. The tithes amount to £101. 15. 8¼. In the R.C. divisions it is included in the union or district of Templendigan, where the chapel is situated. There is a hedge school of about 10 children: and a school is about to be built by subscription, near the chapel of Poulpeasty, on two acres of land granted by C. R. Frizell, Esq., of Stapolin.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Clonleigh from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.